Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Coax Stripper Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Coax Stripper Question
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 03:37:24 -0400
On 9/30/2011 2:25 AM, K8RI on TT wrote:
> I'd have to actually compare both connectors, but I think you will find
> that it takes a bit of extra hand work as the crimp and clamp connectors
> require slightly different lengths of insulation and shield be stripped
> back.
I thought so Roger, but I wouldn't mind having to trim here and there. I
ordered a bunch of UHF crimp connectors from RF Parts (RFU-508-X) and
was hoping DX Engineering's 808X stripper would work ok. Looks like I'll
have to get my box cutter out ;  )

> Their view of 8X and mine differ a bit as I've never seen 8X that didn't
> have the soft jacket.  CNT-240 has a jacket that is quite stiff.
I noticed the Jacket on LMR-240UF is very soft as well. It doesn't seem
adhere to the braid so it slides along the coax.

I'm going to order the DXE tool tomorrow morning. Will let you know how
it goes with the RFU-508-X crimp connectors.

Thanks,

Tony