[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer

To: WWDXC <wwdxc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer
From: jcowens1@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:29:05 +0000 (UTC)

I need an antenna analyzer that provides impedance information. I have the
predecesor to the MFJ-259B, and have been disappointed in it when the frequency
of interest is near the band overlap areas of the various range segments. Works
great mid range in those bands, but becomes unreliable near the edges of each
band, and the overlap is not always sufficient to give reliable readings. I am
considering the 259B, but fear the same kind of problems.

Is there another instrument ouit there that isdesigned for ham radio, and  not
terribly expensive that you have experience with and feel is better than the
259B? Your response will be apprecaited.

John Owens -  N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll