Re: [TowerTalk] Using Gmail for Mail Lists

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Gmail for Mail Lists
From: Andy <ai.egrps@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:29:54 -0400
> I would like to know if there is a way to set an option on Gmail to have
> it *not* dump an inbound mail just because its serial number matches an
> email originated from that user.

I have never heard of a way to get Gmail to do what you want, and as
far as I know there is NO setting to not dump the email it gets back
from the list.

The way to solve it, is to convince Google to change it.  So far, that
hasn't worked; they seem convinced that what they are doing is better
than what we want.

Where it really is a pain in the, um, butt, is when an email list adds
significant content to the emails.  I am on at least two email lists
where the owner/moderators add their replies directly to everyone's
posts, so the loss of your own post means you never see the answer to
your questions.

"To see your own postings" (in an earlier reply) is NOT a solution.
It doesn't fix anything.  If your email didn't make it out of Gmail,
or didn't reach contesting.com, or is rejected by the owner, or gets
lost in the ether, or gets modified by anything or anyone along the
way, you won't know it if you use Gmail ... unless you have multiple
accounts and are subscribed from both.  Yahoogroups makes it slightly
easier to do this, but that is a technicality.

Andy