Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?

To: "Adam Shirley WJ4X" <wj4x@amsat.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?
From: "Pete Raymond" <n4kwpete@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:22:14 -0400
When you start the pull if your cables start to spin then you should stop
and pull the cables out
and its a very easy process to stop it, we called it slapping the cable.
This straightens out the cable and removes the twisting effect caused by the
cable being wound on small reels.  Large reels are not nearly prone to
twisting.  Small reels, small runs, and the cable is easily straightened
out.  We always ran a pull rope and never once had to blow in a pull rope.
Good luck doing that in a pvc run with other cable inside.
73 Pete N4KW