Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Rope in Conduits?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:52:39 -0700
I've found that a wadded up plastic grocery bag with a few wraps and
ties of the pilot string works just fine for the vacuum cleaner pull or
push.  No need to fish it as you glue, even for 200' plus runs.  It's
amazing how fast the string will run out.

For the pilot, I use conduit measuring tape (flat x 3/16 wide, 130#
break)  by Greenlee available at electrical supply stores, then you know
the exact length of the pull.  Mason's twine also works fine.

3 strand rope is not a good pulling rope since it will put twist in the
cables as it untwists under tension.  Braided rope or the flat nylon
webbing sold for conduit pulling are better choices.

Grant  KZ1W