[TowerTalk] pipe anchors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] pipe anchors
From: Richard <yvadir@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:09:33 -0500
I live on a small city lot and am in the process of installing a 40 ft
Rohn 25G tower in my back yard with a pier pin base. I'd really like to
avoid using screw in anchors in such close quarters and would prefer to
use an elevated guy anchor like pipe set in cement. I originally thought
that 11 ft would be great to clear my roof line but have been told that
would require a pipe larger than what I can obtain around here. Revising
my plans a 4 ft high pipe in the corners of the back yard would still be
better than going to ground level. Can anyone give me an approximate
idea as to what size pipe and what size base might be needed?

My tower is 40 ft, I would have at most 12 lbs of wind load on it, my
soil is a pretty heavy clay with no sand and no rock at least down to 4
ft., our wind zone is said to be 70 MPH. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

73

Richard / N5YPJ