Re: [TowerTalk] pipe anchors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pipe anchors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:48:00 -0400 (EDT)
My GUESS would be that 4" galvanized pipe would work.  I would  sink it
about four feet in a base about 3 x 3 x 1.5 feet of  concrete.  That would be
in a hole 3 x 3 x 4 so you would only fill  the hole up 18 inches with
concrete and back fill the rest with the  dirt from the hole.  if it was in my
backyard, I would sleep well at night  with the set up.  You might be able to
get by with less, but do you really  want to try.  Towers make a big boom
when they come down.

The three anchor bases would need a total of 1.5 yards and your  base for
the Rohn 25 will need another yard or so.  If your concrete  company has a 5
yard minimum (many do) simply pour the rest into the three  anchor holes.
They will never go anywhere...for sure.

As an extra you might want to dump concrete down the pipe...stops  the pipe
from filling with water and adds some strength.  If you do I would  order
the mud with small agregate for easier pouring.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS

In a message dated 10/29/2011 4:09:54 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,