[TowerTalk] Pinning mast?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pinning mast?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:50:44 -0500 (EST)
Howdy --

    I've got a sloppy fit between a mast clamp and a  mast - both steel. It
won't shim properly so I think my only option is to pin  the mast. I've
done it a bunch of times and mostly they hold butr  sometimes they don't so I'm
proposing to use 2 in one direction and  another two 90 degrees from the
first two with good-sized high strength  bolts. Other than the challenge of
doing it at altitude, is there anything else  I should be considering? Or is
there another way to do it?

    This is a prop pitch with big antennas on it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC