[TowerTalk] Phillystran As Strong As They Claim?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran As Strong As They Claim?
From: Wayne Willenberg <wewill747@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:42:04 -0500
I used 1200I Philliystran for a small dipole pole support.  The end of the
Philliystran was terminated, per their directions, using one of their
termination kits (4 cable clamps and a thimble).  When I was done, the
termination looked just like one of their pictures.

I recently took the dipole down and unscrewed the Philliystran clamps.  I
was surprised to find at each point where the a clamp was placed, the two
pieces of Philliystran were each permanently indented in a “U” shape, and
at the thinnest part of the “U” it measured only about 0.092 inches thick
(I used my micrometer).

         Can the Philliystran really have a break strength of 1,200 pounds
(as they advertise) with the type of deformation I have described?  Or, did
I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.