[TowerTalk] Fw: TH7--Works now--almost perfect

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: TH7--Works now--almost perfect
From: "W5XB" <w5xb@att.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 19:05:57 -0500
 Many thanks to all who gave ideas, thoughts, and clues.
Tom,
 N2SR mentioned, "something reversed."

 Special thanks to Bill, K1XT who sent a copy from Roger Cox
 who was with HyGain in the old days.

 Went looking something "reversed."...found I had swapped
the
 FDE and the RDE.

 It took 1:45 to go up the tower and swap the driven
 elements...now I remember having to turn the clamps around
 so the open thread was toward the jumpers...shoulda been a
 clue. Figured out the 6.5" and 7" jumpers...when the tubes
 are angled, one side is a little closer to the attach
points
 than the other.

 I lashed 1/2 rope to the element, loosed the bolts, gently
 pulled the element out, let the element hang down, did the
 same on the same side, other DE, and then re-inserted by
 holding the element about 2' out for bracing, sliding it
 back in the clamp.

 SWR on 20m is flat from 14 to 14.340 (!!!) ... but SWR on
 15m is around 2:0 at 21 going to 3:0 and on 10m 3:0 at 28,
 but flat at 28.5 ... so now maybe the balun?

 First contact was Guam long path, first call, running 800
 watts.

 Thanks to all...I used all the suggestions looking for
"what
 it was."

 Y'll all take care, and 73s,

 Grant