Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:55:39 -0800
On 12/8/2011 12:50 PM, Jerry wrote:
> My 1000 DXA's dial lamp burned out...again.

This came up several months ago. Search the archives. It's a tough lamp
to replace. Rather than attempt it, I found some nice bright LEDs and
managed to squeeze them into the right side of the bezel from behind,
without totally taking the controller apart (which you do NOT want to
attempt). You'll need to wire them in series, and connect them where the
existing lamps are connected, adding a series resistor to limit the
current to a safe value. I don't recall what value I used. As I recall,
the internal V+ was about 12V.

The result is not as good as the original, but probably cost a lot less,
and I won't have to do it again.

73, Jim K9YC