Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 08:42:22 -0600
You don't really need the full wave bridge. Install a 1N4000 (or equivalent)
in series with the LED/resistor and a 10 mfd capacitor across the LED's. The
1N4000 protects the LED's from reverse voltage and the 10 mfd capacitor
smoothes the voltage. It will work fine without the capacitor, but will be
slightly dimmer. This is not noticeable in most applications.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP