Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Problem Balun or lightning protection?

To: "'Tony'" <dxdx@optonline.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Problem Balun or lightning protection?
From: "Jorge Diez CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:15:01 -0200
Hi Tony,

I have this M2 20M5 antenna. Before cqww ssb I installed high power band
pass filters for a Multi Single and experimented problems in the SWR of this
antenna.

FREQ.           WITHOUT FILTER          WITH FILTER
14025           1.37                        1.80
14300        1.46                        2.51

Filters provider told me to do some test, and seems SWR varying if I add
some lengths of coax (jumpers) inside the shack. So seems the balun is bad?

Same as you, using balun provided with this antenna from M2.

73,
Jorge
CX6VM