Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:44:20 -0500
So the problem is in your home brewed raising fixture is blowing out. There
are a huge strain on the tower bring raised or lowered about mid-way. I
change the Fulton 1550  it came from the factory and installed a Thern winch
that I drive with a 1/2 Milwaukee Hole Shooter because it was a real workout
to use.  It your Antenna & Tower, but maybe it time to eat the bullet so to
speak and buy the factory fixture before you lose it all.  Just a thought.
NN4ZZ tilt plate is a fairly heavy device by itself. I built one based off
his published one for the hams and he a real gentleman so to speak. Mine
cost me $300.00  more than to buy his and pain to find parts.  So trying to
save money in this cost me. Learn and live. The best to you and project.  73
Gene K2QWD