Re: [TowerTalk] Question about lowering a Fold-Over tower

To: "EZ Rhino" <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question about lowering a Fold-Over tower
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:58:12 -0800
EZ Rhino wrote:
> Hi Dick,
>
> I'd use a falling derrick to do it that way if I were you.  It can be as
> easy as a couple long 2x4's bolted together at the top to make an "A".

I'll second this.  I just lowered my 50 foot aluminum Glen Martin tower
using a 16 foot falling derrick.  Mine is made of lumber, but you could
also get a 20 foot waterpipe.  The physics are much more in your favor
with this method.  Even a 20 foot falling derrick (kind of short for
a 90 foot tower) sure beats the brute force method.

Rick N6RK