Re: [TowerTalk] Question about lowering a Fold-Over tower

To: "towertalk-request@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question about lowering a Fold-Over tower
From: Steve Lane <dieselburner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:27:51 -0800
As I am sure you know, the forces grow quite high on the pull point as
included angle of the strap approaches 0 degrees. Numbers for you to think
about are: If the included angle is 60 degrees, the force on the strap is
1.15 times the force if it was a direct vertical pull. At 30 degrees, the
force is 2 times vertical pull and at 5 degrees the force is 11.47 times a
straight vertical pull.

Steve
K9SL