Re: [TowerTalk] DXE Patents

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DXE Patents
From: Frank <frankkamp@att.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:11:07 -0600
Paul Christensen wrote:

>>Should have added the following description to the radial plate link
>>

>The currently available radial plates are mechanically flawed.  Now, if
>someone designed a radial plate that allows use of  2-hole lugs, perhaps
>that too would meet today's lax novelty test.  The plate could support use
>of either single, or 2-hole lugs like these:
>
>http://www.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=256306951049
>
>The 2-hole lugs: (1) effectively double lug to plate conductivity; and (2)
>prevent the lug from spinning and loosening on its mounting bolt when
>accidental lateral pressure is applied.  There, that's enough to start the
>first claim.   Any takers :-)

That is an interesting observation.  Also interesting is the fact that
the lug is copper.  Unless the plate is also copper this whole setup is
doomed to failure from galvanic action.

Just because something has been patented does not mean it is worth
anything.  I bet you could patent spit but that would not make it any
more desirable.