Re: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 07:35:13 -0500 (EST)
If you really want to see some very dramatic effects, I have some  from KH6
where it was absolutely imperative to do HFTA.

Going south up a 13500 ft mountain I was on, even plotting with a  2000 ft
tower it was impossible to get any lobes below 6 degrees.  However,  to the
north I looked down into a 400 ft ravine across the street which gave me  9
or so dBi gain on 80 meters.

Unless you live in southern FL or the KS plains, HFTA is really  helpful.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 3/2/2012 6:51:05 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time,