Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:06:09 +0100
Assuming your top-loaded vertical was close to resonance, the UnUn
application is not very demanding. I'm not sure what core material Balun
Designs use, but a quick calculation for 2x6 turns on a FT240-K toroid
predicts a core dissipation of 3.7W on 160m when handling 1kW, or
0.016dB loss - that's very probably less than the winding copper losses.

Steve G3TXQ