Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:38:17 +0100
Tod,

Your reasoning is correct - you can have zero CM current (perfect
balance) and high SWR, and you can also have high CM current in a
perfectly matched system (SWR=1:1).

However, in an unbalanced system the amount of CM current that flows
depends - amongst other things - on the load impedance, and the load
impedance determines the SWR on the feedline. So you cannot say there is
no linkage between the choke dissipation and the SWR.

Steve G3TXQ