Re: [TowerTalk] Or2800DC smoking control box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Or2800DC smoking control box
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:27:31 +0000
Not necessarily... the bathtub curve applies, it is much more likely for
brand new electronics to fail than those that have been run for years.  If
the factory didn't give it a burn in period it could be a spontaneous part
failure.  Or it could be miswiring internally that didn't show up in
whatever short test they may have given it.  A diode failure in a bridge
could put AC on the regulator, or a capacitor that isn't soldered properly
could be passing half wave dc and over stressing it, connect the wrong wires
to or from the transformer to the board and you could blow lots of things
after a short time, etc.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net