Re: [TowerTalk] best way to apply PreLube

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k6uj@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to apply PreLube
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
>  I would like to know from others in the Tower Talk group  how they apply
Prelube to their crank up tower cables.
The last time I  treated the cables I think only 50% made it in the cable,
hihi.
Any easy way to do this without getting PreLUbe all over the place ?

    I would suggest one of those little red spray can  rods that fits into
the nozzle - you probably have a few in the garage. That  works great. It
still isn't an exact science but more will get onto the  cables.

    One TowerTalkian made a little  V-shaped backsplash out of some spare
brass. He held it behind the cable  when he was spraying.

    I prefer the little red rod but if I don't have one  I'll just spray it
on very close to the cables. Yes, there's going to be  over-spray but it'll
all wash away in the first rain.

    Spray the PreLube on the cable and let it soak in  and run down the
cable. That way it'll be thoroughly lubricated. Don't forget  the cable on the
cable reel.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH