Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Load Spec Differences Between Tower and Antenna

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Load Spec Differences Between Tower and Antenna
From: Steve Dyer W1SRD <w1srd@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:25:35 -0700
Thanks Steve.

It's El Dorado country. From Champion, it's a 75 MPH windspeed county.

Current specs for a Tashjian:
1. LM470 is 18 sq ft @ 72' for 85 MPH w/ 3 sec gust per TIA-222-G.
2. WT51 is 13 sq ft @ 53' for 85 MPH w/ 3 sec gust per TIA-222-G.

I have some older Tri-Ex documentation that lists the LM-470 at 16 sq ft
in 60 MPH and the WT51 at 9 sq ft in 50 MPH.

Current specs for SteppIR:
1. DB36 17.5 sq ft for 100 MPH per EIA-222-C
2. 4 EL 9.7 sq ft for 100 MPH per EIA-222-C

Can I assume the antenna wind loading is less at 70/75 MPH?

Again, looking to be safe, not get a permit.

73,
Steve W1SRD