Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless HD tower installation advice needed

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless HD tower installation advice needed
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:05:11 -0400
>     Umm, good advice for big commercial type towers but
> Cadwelding to a Rohn 25G, 45G or 55G leg will blow a hole in it.

Have you tried it and had a problem?  We routinely cadweld all kinds of
tubing a lot thinner than a 25G leg, such as fence posts, ice bridge posts,
etc.  If you're really worried about it, weld to the base plate rather than
the leg.  Or even use a parallel wire mold to cadweld to one the solid Z
braces.

                                --- Jeff WN3A