Re: [TowerTalk] Heights pre-1995 Aluminum Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heights pre-1995 Aluminum Tower
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:49:26 -0400
Amateur Electronic Supply (AES) catalogs in the 1980's and 1990's had a lot of info on heights towers. There were a number of hams around Atlanta that had the 80 to 100 foot towers. The consensus is that the towers were somewhat over rated. But only one tower blew down that I remember. Belonged to WB4ECE/N4YD (SK).

Great pictures of all the towers, specs, packages, even the screw operated hinged base. I personal saw the towers but not the base.

AES has carried extensive information on other aluminum towers and US Towers over the years, too.

Sorry my copies are in storage.

Dave K4JRB