Re: [TowerTalk] Feeder spacing

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feeder spacing
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:38:45 -0400
If you attach the cables to the inside of the tower legs, there will be little, if any, additional 'wind load' to the tower due to the cables, as the tower legs are already 'wind loading'.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>:

I am ready to put up several cables in my tower. If I place them next to each other, tight together, I will have a wind cross section equal to the total width of the cables. If I space them slightly will I improve (that is reduce) the wind cross section? If so, does anybody know what "optimum" spacing would be?

Hans - N2JFS