Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection and control wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection and control wires
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 04:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
This topic is interesting and I have played with a few different HB options.
Which is the source of my question, what is the best method (how?) of
determining the value of MOVs, TVSs, flash tubes or other options? Or is it any
value is better than nothing, which seems to be the case in most ham related
writings (which seem to be few and far between) on the topic.

So far I've been lucky with only a few popped diodes or transistors and two
fried UPS units, but would prefer fewer incidents.

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas

N2WN