[TowerTalk] Fwd: ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:35:35 -0500 (EST)
I would consider a "single ground connection" solution. Instead of trying to
get "a good ground connection" set an imaginary point as the "ground" and
connect everything, that needs to be grounded to this point. You should, of
course  "try to" round this point as well as possible. The idea is that when
lightning strikes, everything is on equivalent potential even if the whole
station is several thousand volts above ground potential.

You will get excess current through the power line feed. That should be taken
care of with surge protection of "regular" measures.

Anyone else with this arrangement?

Hans - N2JFS