[TowerTalk] Antennas that can survive hurricanes?

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas that can survive hurricanes?
From: "Jim in Waco WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq_1@grandecom.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:59:29 -0800
I may be moving from Central Texas to South Florida.  I currently have 2  50'
towers which I will not take.  I would like to have a good hf beam and probably
a wire dipole for 160-40  if I have at least an acre of land.  Will a good
crankup tower survive hurricane winds if lowered and installed properly?  Can
you even dig suffeciently to make a proper concrete base in south Fl?  I have a
standard duty Force 12 C3 beam now but they used to build ruggedized versions
but I don't know now.  Any suggestions appreciated.  WB5OXQ