Re: [TowerTalk] Fixed Side Mount

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fixed Side Mount
From: Bill Aycock <baycock2@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:35:58 -0600
Wayne--
A number of years ago, Rohn made several types, but they are not in the later catalogs. I have one, that I don't need. The problem is in getting it to NY; It is an awkward shape. This description is from memory, but I can go out and measure, if needed.

It is a Prism shaped structure; with a triangular base and top; Looking down from the top, it is an Isosceles triangle, with the base spaced at 25g leg spacing. the triangle top and bottom are about 25 inches away and are connected by a vertical tubewhere the antenna mast fits. I think it was intended for a repeater antenna. The base-top spacing is about 3 ft, I think. It is heavily Galvanized. It is similar to the Rohn C620720R Side-Arm assembly. (In the back of the Catalog)

Do you plan to use Horizontal or Vertical polarization with your Yagi?

As I said, shipping might be awkward. I expect a UPS driver here this week, and I will ask his opinion. I trust this guy.

Let me know if there is enough interest for me to get more specific on dimensions. The price will be finite, but reasonable.

Bill--W4BSG