Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:57:21 -0500
For booms, I prefer to insert a small, rubber ball (porous is best) that fits inside the boom not too snugly.

For elements, I don't like the whistling elements in the wind .. which can cause metal fatigue and failure ... that happened once in the past, but never since I put silicone seal in each element tip.

Silicone seal?   Think I've used that elsewhere, too.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting john@kk9a.com:

I do not put caps on any of my antenna elements or booms. I have never had
an issue from using nothing and I don't have to worry about moisture
accumulating.

John KK9A