Re: [TowerTalk] 15m monster finally up - EME and Video

To: <k3lr@k3lr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 15m monster finally up - EME and Video
From: Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:56:37 +0200
Thanks Tim,

I got a good program suggestion - MoonSked by GM4JJJ.

Not being very familiar with this stuff yet I can calculate windows for us.

Basically I am looking for moments when the moon is from 0 to 5 degrees in
both locations and both are in darkness. It is not an easy criteria to
fulfill.

The first slight chance opens on April 27 from ca 0210 to 0220z while I have
sunrise on 0230z already which might mean the band is already open at 0210.

In summer we almost don't have common darkness so I guess that rules summer
out. And now looking all throughout the year there is no other time.

So we only seem to have a 10 minute window in the whole year, Tim!:)

Is my logic correct here? Or could it be that it could be done during
sunlight? In the sunspot minimum perhaps?

73
tonno