[TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:14:46 -0000
Thank you, David, Steve and Stan,

I have always ensured that when using co-ax for transmitting, it has been
cut a multiple of electrical half wave lengths at the lowest frequency to
be used on the original HF bands, for the reasons Stan gave, coiling up
any surplus, with additional lengths switched in for use when the WARC
bands arrived. This advice was given to me many years ago now, by an
engineer, now SK, who worked in the BBC aerial research laboratory at
Kingswood Warren, together with "think dipoles" because their performance
is easier to predict and measure.

Right, as David said, I will now "go for it" unwind the drum and do the
necessary checks prior to burying the cable.

Thank you again for your advice.

Sincerely, John. G3JVC/GM3JVC.