Re: [TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz/HF interference concerns

To: "'Charles Lind'" <cxl24@case.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz/HF interference concerns
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 14:29:32 -0600
Hello Chuck:

I would not expect problems with your proposed installation, however there
is no guarantee, as every situation is unique. Proper installation and
shield bonding is critical to success (as is with all antennas on towers).

I have a 5.8 GHz microwave antenna on our 15 meter tower at 100 feet for
point to point high speed data. There are long boom 15 meter Yagi's mounted
20 feet above and 20 feet below the 5.8 GHz antenna.

There is no interference caused by either band to the other for this
installation.

73,
Tim K3LR