[TowerTalk] hazer raising winch

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] hazer raising winch
From: Kenneth Waites <barbiekenw@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:46:30 -0700 (PDT)
I am removing the worn winch that came on my 70' Glen Martin aluminum tower,
and replacing it with a winch
that has a spool.  I want reliability first.
I am finding it difficult to find a winch that will hold 70' or so of cable
that I believe is 7/32".
I think the Dutton-Lainson DLB1500 would work, but mounting it on the
reinforced tower base where the old winch
was means I have to use a rachet handle.  This will make raising/lowering
a VERY slow process.

I am looking for any better solution.  I am considering ATV 12v motorized winch
solutions, but I have not found one that appears to have enough spool. Manual
systems also are being considered, it they make it easy enough.

Does anyone have some suggestions here?

Ken K5WK