Re: [TowerTalk] Split legs

To: Jerry Head II <JerryHead@BlountBroadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Split legs
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:31:35 -0700
We once "repaired" an 80' free standing tower with a bottom section bent near the concrete during the erection by pouring a concrete collar base around that section. The collar was about 4' tall, a little trapezoidal and about 4' on each of the 4 sides. You probably need to dowel the existing base into the new rebar cage for the collar. A PE can advise on all of this and that is probably a worthwhile expense considering the size of the tower. Some sort of leg drainage at the concrete to concrete interface will be needed so it doesn't happen again.

Grant KZ1W