[TowerTalk] Rotator Plate Mounting (Tashjian)

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Plate Mounting (Tashjian)
From: John Kuklewicz N7ZN <kukl@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 08:41:21 -0700
Hello;

I am in the process of erecting my first ever tower, a Tashjian LM-354E.
Clawing my way up the learning curve...

Now at the point of trying to install the M^2 Orion 2800 rotator.
I ordered the rotator plate from the vendor with the tower.

Besides looking like, well, let us say not pretty it would appear that the plate mounts into the tower by just being wedged against the tower at intersection between the bracing and the vertical members. (For shipping the plate was zip tied into the tower, but that is not going to last for long, of course.)

Is this how rotator plates are normally installed?

I now have the mounting holes filed out. (Four of the six holes are -not quite- in the correct locations. At least the factory did drill the mounting holes to 3/8" as requested.)

The good news is that the 2800 easily fits through the bracing of the top section!

Thank you and vy 73;

John N7ZN