Re: [TowerTalk] hairpin matches

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hairpin matches
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:34:11 -0400
The hairpin length will vary with the antenna impedance so you cannot just
scale it down. I used hairpin matches for years and I made them out of
3/16 or 1/4 diameter aluminum and just screwed them to the feed point
screws.  When using a hairpin you need to shorted the driven element. To
adjust the antenna you have to play with both the hairpin and driven
element lengths. Currently I build yagis with a 50 ohm impedance.  No
match is needed. It is much easier to adjust and there are no matching
losses.

John KK9A