Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound

To: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:44:51 -0600
Well I'll be...I never thought there was anything else besides Penetrox and
Noalox.
http://www.cesco.com/b2c/product/3970?gdftrk=gdfV25445_a_7c1847_a_7c7081_a_7c3970&gclid=CM30humzjbkCFe1_QgodpnQAWQ

As far as the anti-seize goes, you can use almost anything to keep the SS
hardware from galling.  Motor oil, vaseline, 3n1 oil, WD40, etc.  AND Penetrox!
 Why use a different product when you're already using Penetrox to assemble
antenna elements? It works just fine.  Remember to put a dab on the threads
next to the nut when you decide to take the antenna apart 10 years from now,
though.

Chris
KF7P

On Aug 20, 2013, at 19:32 , GARY HUBER wrote:

>   His reasoning was that enough bare  aluminum-to-aluminum surface area
would remain that the use of the Permatex was  very unlikely to negatively
effect antenna performance.  Anyone have an  opinion on this?  Should I re-do
the joints in question while the antenna  is still on the ground?  Or would
this be a needless exercise at this  point?

I've used Blackburn compound for over thirty years. A nasty, sticky graphite
mixture, it keeps new or cleaned aluminum joints like new after years in
service. When I was just getting into the hobby I salvaged an old TH-4 and on
the recommendation of a couple HAMs who had been at it a few years drilled and
Zip screwed each element piece to make the mechanical - electrical bond.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M