Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k0gu@verinet.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:19:24 -0400 (EDT)
>     I see at least one Rohn 45 seller's web  site that calls the tabs on
the 45AG4 top plate guy tabs. However I don't  see any reference to that
in the Rohn documentation. Except for dimensions  Rohn doesn't really say
a lot about the 45AG4. But Rohn always shows the  guys attached a few
feet below the tower. So are they guy tabs? I was  planning on using them
on a tower with a tall mast (the mast is another  subject that will get a
post here in a bit). Guy the tower at the top plate  and then not far
under the rotator. Anyone have the scoop on  this.

    The 3 holes on the top plate of the 45AG4 are  for guy attachments.
This is more of a ham configuration. The reason that Rohn  drawings show the
guys installed a few feet below the top of the tower is for  commercial
applications where you might have fixed antennas mounted above and  below the
top
of the tower and having the top guys a little lower allows for  clearance of
the headload. Commercial towers would tend to have a pointy-top top
section than the more ham oriented flat topped one.

    BTW you'll need either big thimbles or more  likely shackles (clevises)
to join the terminated end of the guy with the  holes in the top plate.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
and
Champion Radio Productw