Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning Skirt

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning Skirt
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:59:00 -0400
You tune for minimum current in the skirt, at least the ones I've had my hands on. The tuner and RF sampler is connected between the skirt and ground. I've assumed that the skirt and tower become *one* due to their close proximity.

The tuning for minimum is quite sharp, which is fine for an AM station that never moves frequency. Retuning is required when tower appurtenances are modified substantially.

It seems to me that in your case you would tune for minimum on your favorite frequency and hope that there is enough detuning effect over your desired bandwidth.

-Steve K8LX