Re: [TowerTalk] Raising 25G with a helicopter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising 25G with a helicopter
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:16:39 -0500
* On 2013 24 Oct 15:49 -0500, GALE STEWARD wrote:
> After the tower was finally "up", I didn't notice any guy wires
> attached, or should I say pre-attached. Any volunteers to climb and
> install them? (grin)

I asked about that on the forum I found this and so far no answer has
been posted.  The tower is for wireless internet so they may believe (or
have been told) no guys are needed.  Still, that looks like a bare tower
and *somebody* will be climbing it to install equipment.  Shudder.

Per the thread the pilot is the video poster's uncle who last flew
"sling loads" in Alaska in the late '70s.  Apparently, it is the uncle's
privately owned copter.  The poster was going to use a crane but the unc
persuaded him do the sling load.

73, de Nate >>