Re: [TowerTalk] Raising 25G with a helicopter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising 25G with a helicopter
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:41:56 -0400
On 10/24/2013 10:23 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
My thoughts exactly Roger
73
Jim W7RY

The first thing I noticed was all the concentration at the base of the tower and no guys to stabilize it.

The pilot may have been proficient with "sling loads" ,but the ground crew was not. Even when climbing, the ground crew is very important.

They appeared to be oblivious to the danger they were in. It was more like watching a dangerous episode of the "Keystone cops" as they chased the base around.

73,

Roger (K8RI)