Re: [TowerTalk] rigging for lifting a heavy mast?

To: "Rob Katz" <rob.katz@thelegacycenter.com>, "Tower Talk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rigging for lifting a heavy mast?
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:52:56 -0800
Is the tower up? If not, insert the mast B4 raising the tower ... you can then easily lift the mast by inserting a pulley in the bottom of it, running a tied-off line to the top of the tower, thru a pulley at the top of the tower, then back down -- to yet another pulley, attached to the base of the tower. If no winch available. I SUGGEST USING A CAR OR TRUCK FOR RAISING THE MAST UP THRU THE CENTER OF THE TOWER..human power tends to get wimpy about 3/4 way up!
Mark  AA6DX   73!

-----Original Message----- From: Rob Katz