Re: [TowerTalk] HF2V Elevated or On Ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF2V Elevated or On Ground
From: Jim Chaggaris <jimc@pwrone.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:55:29 -0600
Hi Jim,

Interesting results.  At my old QTH, I had a DXE 40/30M vertical with the
base mounted at 28¹ on top of my shed with 10 elevated radials.  It worked
great.  Now at my new QTH I have a 90-100¹ hill (toward EU/AF) about
600-700¹ away.  I might try an elevated top loaded vertical and raise it
as high as possible to try overcome some of the less than stellar terrain.

I knew my old AB-577 mast would come in handy some day!

73,

Jim N9WW

James Chaggaris
President