Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed vs. Inv. L vs. Inv. V on 160-m

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed vs. Inv. L vs. Inv. V on 160-m
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:34:38 -0500
I am glad this works for you. Since the tower is the other half of the
half sloper, results can vary depending on it's height and what antennas
are on it.

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
From:    "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date:    Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:37:04 -0500

#2 would be my last choice.

A thought:
I would think the slant fed tower would have a lower angle of radiation,
but I've had very good luck with a quarter wave, half sloper fed directly
with coax (shield to tower)at the top which is about 95 feet, but half
slopers can be finicky. I tried it, got lucky, and it worked first time.
Very narrow band and IIRC the impedance is about 25 ohms. I've used the
Palstar AT5K tuner in the shack successfully with the legal limit and no
RF in the shack. Although probably not the best arrangement it's
convenient.

73

Roger (K8RI)