Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 00:05:13 -0000
Correct, I do not own a Slipp-Nott.   From the website pictures it looked
like uncoated carbon steel which would quickly corrode. Powdercoat is ok if
not chipped, but I would prefer galvanized.  I would also be concerned about
the strength of the two brackets.  I built my own mounting plates and used
DX Engineering saddle clamps and even my 60' boom beam does not slip on the
mast.  If it did slip I would likely add more saddle bolts or try to find
better heavier duty ones.  The DX Engineering cast aluminum clamps that you
referred to look very similar to Stauf clamps with are available in a
variety of sizes and materials.

John KK9A

From:Chris <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date:Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:35:38 -0700
Pre-production photos, which (sadly) should have been updated by now.  They
are
powdercoated black.  It is obvious you don't own a set or you would know
this?
  Also if they were stainless the price would be triple.  I'm not sure why
all
the negativity on this product, particularly from folks who have no first
hand
experience with it.  It's a great solution for the Tennadyne lineup, as the
boom to mast plate isn't a plate at all but 1" thick plastic insulator
(read:
slippery!)   With the slipp-nott on one side and the plastic on the other it
works as designed.  If you really wanted to up the ante, get another set and
have the slipp-nott's surrounding the mast with the plastic insulator on the
back of one of the slipp-notts (slipp-nott>> mast >> slipp-nott >>plastic >>
boom).

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the DX Engineering cast aluminum
sandblasted
clamps (Jim's favorite!)  Holy cow now there is a clamp.

Chris
KF7P