Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 08:46:29 -0500
Have you looked at the specifications for a freestanding Rohn 45G tower?

John KK9A

To:      <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject:         [TowerTalk] Rohn 45
From:    "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date:    Thu, 26 Dec 2013 06:42:49 -0600

Looks like I?ve got suggestions from weld the 45 to the 25 and this just
isn?t
going to work. For those who do not understand what a 24 foot box is,it is 4
antennas mounted on each corner of a 24 feet by 24 feet box. It is for
EME. The
way you end up with 28 feet of Rohn 45 is 2 ten foot sections and one
flat-plate top section,I think those are 8 feet but they may be 7 feet. II ?d
have to go in the shed and measure it. I could guy it but it would not be
guyed
at the typical 70-80% of the towers? height. The guys would get in the way of
the bottom antennas.I could possibly guy the tower about 10 feet up and 10
feet
out which isn?t spec but it would help a LOT. The 18 square feet I stated is
close with all the H frame pipe there. The antennas are only 10 square
feet but
the pipes add about 8 more square feet plus the rotor face adds a little more
too. I have a M2 2800 rotor to use for this project.
I must say that my first thought was to remove the base and place the 45
in the
hole and re-cement and that is what I still think I might do.
Hopefully this will clear up what my intentions are with the 45.

Gregg K9KL