Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 20:02:27 -0500
Re: Tack welding rebar

With all the discussions of how to put up antennas and towers EASIER, I can't
get over how many of you are so dead set on hauling out all that heavy,
expensive and hard to use equipment to weld the rebar. Also someone mentioned
the unknown content of the melt (which I mentioned initially) he mentioned bed
frames. I don't know if any of you have tried to make anything out of bed
frames but when you drill it, some holes are easy to drill and others dull your
drill bits very quickly.  Whenever I have to put a hole in it, I use a carbide
milling cutter in my Bridgeport milling machine !

Bottom line, go the easy route and get some rebar wire ties and twist the stuff
together. Save time and effort.

Roger
aka RoGrrr
KC8HZ