Re: [TowerTalk] AC/DC injection on CATV hardline

To: felipeceglia2@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AC/DC injection on CATV hardline
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 06:36:27 -0600 (CST)
50/60hz or dc shouldn't matter.  the only way to get molten cables is by too
much current, you can do that with either ac or dc, but you need some kind of
high current source to do it.

There are commercial injectors available, but the old heathkit remote switch
box used nothing more than a 100mh coil to connect the ac or half wave dc to
the coax and a .1uf cap to block it from the tx and antenna.  you do have to be
sure that the capacitor will handle the max voltage AND current at the highest
frequency, so don't just pick any old audio cap out of the junk box, get a good
ceramic or tx rated cap.